My husband is not the real romantic type. His idea of surprising me with flowers is to take me to the flower shop on Valentines Day and then asks me what I want!!! In the 21 years that I have been married, he has only gotten me flowers a few times. Which actually makes it more meaningful for me when he does. Many years ago I decided to plant 4 rose bushes in my yard so that he would not have the excuse of cost to keep him from buying them for me and maybe I would be flowers more often. Nope! He still wouldn't pick them for me even when I hinted about beautiful flowers in bloom. I have settled with the comport that my girls love to pick the flowers for me instead. But the other day I was working in the yard and noticed that the rose bushes really needed trimmed back. I was surprised to see that there was one beautiful rose in bloom on the bush. We don't usually get them much this time of year. As usual, I hinted to my husband that it sure would be nice of him to pick it for me not really expecting him to do it. Later that day I went to take a short nap and Richard came in holding this pitiful DEAD rose.

I started laughing and asked him what the heck he had done to the poor rose to destroy it in the process of cutting it for me. My mind envisioned his poor wresting match with the Gubler rose bush. He gave me this pathetic look as if to say, "I am so sorry honey!", and as he turned to walk away, this is what I saw!!!

PRICELESS!!!
My most valued rose ever!!!! Oh I love that man of mine!!!!
What a jokester! That's so funny.
ReplyDeleteWhat a GOOD husband! Sometimes it takes them a long time, be it time, laziness, or just forgetting but they seem to make up for it huh? And what a clever way to give it to you. Love it!
ReplyDeletecute! your story made me smile. Good job Richard. It's nice to be surprised once in a while after 20 years! :)
ReplyDelete