Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Could Spring possible be on the way?

Was I dreaming or was it really a beautiful day today? I hate February and March. They always trick you with this wonderful weather and make you think spring is here and then it snows the next day. I am sure it will probably snow tomorrow, but it sure did feel great today.

I woke this morning to the sound of a chainsaw out my bedroom window. That's all it took. Richard had the day off and we both ran outside to watch the city workers cutting all the trees in the neighborhood away from the power lines. It only took a few minutes of watching before we both realized we had a lot of work to do in the yard ourselves. So we started cutting branches and pruning all the trees. Richard is brutal when it comes to pruning. I am usually in tears for days after he prunes our trees, but after years of experience with him and finding out that the trees really do better after he has butchered them, I let him do his thing. The only thing is, we ended up having to leave for an appointment and didn't get the job finished. So my whole back yard is full of tree branches and since Richard has to return to work tomorrow, it will be all up to ME to finish the job. Oh well! I really am excited to be able to get outside and work. I hope it is nice again.

Isn't it funny how feeling the warm sun for a little bit just perks you up and makes you feel better. I feel like I have so much more energy just because I was able to spend an hour or so outside today. I have also noticed that the birds have been out the last couple of weeks. When I run in the mornings, it is so wonderful to hear the birds chirping. It has actually been fun running instead of a workout. I think next year I am going to record some birds chirping and listen to it all winter while I run.

No comments:

Post a Comment